Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What's Eener Planting?


Here is a list of most of the veggies I’ll be planting this coming season. I’ve broken them down into early, middle and late categories based on records I kept on last year’s garden. These are estimates and certain produce may be ready earlier or later depending on weather.

Early (June and July): arugula, bok choi, carrots, comfrey, dill, green onions, horseradish, lettuce, new potatoes, radishes and swiss chard.

Middle (August and September): beans, beets, beggas, broom corn, brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, cucumbers, kohlrabi, okra, onions, pasta squash, peas, peppers, potatoes, sunflowers, tomatoes and turnips.

Late (October): corn shocks, gourds, ornamental corn, pop corn, pumpkins and winter squash.

Some things, like radishes and lettuce for example, may reappear in your boxes sometime between August and October since I usually plant those types of crops more than once.

Here are some other things I plan on growing that I didn’t have harvest records from last year: luffa, garlic, cockscomb, broccoli, sweet peas, musk melon, fennel, leeks, basil and cilantro.

No comments: