Thursday, July 16, 2009

Farm News and Pictures



Hope you all are enjoying box #7. It was a challenging one to pick and pack what with all the varying maturity levels of different crops right now. I apologize to those who had to wait for me on Wednesday in St. Paul. By trying to avoid one area of road construction I got stuck in two other unforeseen areas of construction and ended up not arriving at Hampden Park until after 3 p.m. Thanks to Tameaka and the Sellkes for helping me unload boxes.

Fall Farm Harvest Fest
We’ve decided to hold a fall harvest fest/party here at the farm for all CSA members on October 17. Members can come pick out their pumpkins, gourds and ornamental corn (hopefully this stuff will be ready by then, it really should be). There also will be a corn shock making clinic, tours and possibly a bon fire weather permitting. We’ll post more info as this date approaches.

Other Farm Visits
If you are interested in touring the farm sooner than October, please feel free to come by. Except for delivery days, I’m pretty much always here. Our place it pretty easy to find provided you can navigate through all the road construction between here and the cities. Give me a call or e-mail me if you decide to stop by.



One of the barns with pumpkin patch in foreground.



Tommatillos.


Olaf, our billy goat.

No comments: